Writing Prompt #5: Breath prayers are prayers that you can combine with mindful breathing, reminding you that God is as close to you as your very breath. Write a breath prayer that you need to hear.

 Magic

My ribcage is an upside down umbrella

Opening and closing with each breath

To catch tear rain, fear clouds, and love hearts.

Balanced on the metal axis of my body

Slowly rotating from embrace to emptiness

Fullness to hunger.

Sun and stars spin above like a Victorian magic lantern

While gardens and oceans revolve below.

I am of great importance

And insignificance.

 

Breath poem:

 

You are everything

You are enough

You are love

You are dust.

~TC


Breath Prayer for myself, a mom of two teenagers

*

I am a mother

*

I am enough

*

I can fill in any disconnection

*

With love

*

I can fill my fears

*

With the courage to handle whatever may come

*

I can fill my loneliness, as my birds busy themselves, readying their wings

*
with friendship

*
I am a mother

*
I am enough to withstand the ebb of this tide

*

Which follows a rhythm to flow back to its shore

~RH

Comments